Here are some signs that you may need a new air conditioner and should consider calling Delta T Heating & Cooling Inc. for assistance:
- Age: If your air conditioner is more than 10-15 years old, it may be time to consider a replacement. The older the unit, the more likely it is to experience issues and need repairs.
- Frequent breakdowns: If your air conditioner is experiencing frequent breakdowns and requiring repairs, it may be more cost-effective in the long run to replace it.
- Rising energy bills: If you have noticed a significant increase in your energy bills and your air conditioner is not functioning as efficiently as it used to, it may be time to replace it with a newer, more energy-efficient model.
- Inconsistent cooling: If your air conditioner is not cooling your home evenly, it may be a sign of a problem with the unit or ductwork that may be too costly to repair.
- Unusual noises: Strange noises coming from your air conditioner, such as grinding or banging, may be a sign of a serious problem that requires a replacement.
- Refrigerant leaks: If your air conditioner is leaking refrigerant, it may be a sign that the unit is aging and no longer able to perform efficiently.
- If your air conditioner still uses R-22 refrigerant, which is being phased out due to environmental concerns, you may need to consider replacing it if it is experiencing issues.
- Rising maintenance costs: As R-22 refrigerant becomes more scarce, the cost of repairs and maintenance for air conditioners that still use it will continue to rise. If the cost of repairs exceeds the cost of a new unit, it may be time to consider a replacement.
If you are experiencing any of these issues with your air conditioner, contact Delta T Heating & Cooling Inc. to schedule a professional assessment and discuss your options for a replacement unit. They can help you choose the best air conditioning system for your home and ensure that it is installed properly for optimal performance and efficiency.