Trust Delta T Heating & Cooling for all of your home cooling needs. Our professional staff will help to select the right size air conditioning unit for the right price. We sell the most efficient air conditioning units available on the market with SEER levels of 13 to 18, and we will make sure you have years of trouble-free use with our professional no mess installation and of a new air conditioners.
How do they work
Central Air Conditioning systems are connected to the distribution system and cool on the same principle as a refrigerator. They remove heat from within a structure and release it outside. There are two main parts in an air conditioner – the evaporator and the condenser. The evaporator sits inside the ductwork and absorbs heat from inside air into the refrigerant. The condenser, the other main part, sits outside of the house and looks like it’s doing all the work. Actually, it’s only doing half the job. Air conditioners have become very energy efficient. Today’s a/c units range on average from 13 seer to 18 seer, the higher the seer level the more energy efficient.
Sizing up an air conditioner
Before refrigeration air conditioning was invented, cooling was done by saving big blocks of ice. When cooling machines started to get used, they rated their capacity by the equivalent amount of ice melted in a day, which is where the term “ton” came from sizing air conditioning. A ton of cooling is now defined as delivering 12,000 BTU/hour of cooling. BTU is short for British Thermal Unit (and is a unit that the British do not use) The BTU is a unit of heating – or in this case, cooling – energy. It’s more important, however, to keep in perspective that a window air conditioner is usually less than one ton. A small home central air conditioner would be about two tons and a large one about five tons.
When you call Delta T Heating & Cooling, our comfort advisors will offer you in-home consulting completely free of charge.
They’ll advise whether you only need a minor repair, or if you’d benefit from a new high-efficiency system that could significantly reduce your utility costs. New systems also often qualify for tax deductions and utility rebates.
If you are wanting to replace your air conditioning system before next spring and summer, and are just thankful that it made it through another spring and summer without forcing you to replace it, you are probably thinking you will wait until after the winter is over to explore replacement costs. We understand that perspective. After all, the holidays are coming and, with them, many planned big expenditures, so if you can put off another major expense for six months, why would you choose to pay for it now?
While your thinking may be good, you might find that replacing your air conditioning system in the fall, while demand is at its lowest point in the calendar year, is a great way to save money on a new air conditioning system. Air conditioning manufacturers offer end-of-year rebates, and, just like auto manufacturers want to sell their current year models during the current year. Depending on the model you choose, this could mean significant savings.
Second, depending on why you are replacing your air conditioning system and the type of heating and cooling systems you have, the problems with your air conditioning system might impact your heating system. Did you have moisture in your AC unit that impacted air quality in your home? If so, you want that fixed before being cooped up in a home with closed windows for the fall and the winter. If your air conditioner replacement is going to require working with the ducts for your heating system, and turning your heating system off during the installation, then it is much better to have that done while the weather is gorgeous outside than waiting until early March when the weather is likely to still be very cold outside.
Installation always includes:
- Equipment type and location designed for your home’s structure, layout, and comfort needs.
- Any new ductwork required is custom-measured for and fabricated.
- We obtain all permits as required by law for the work we perform in your home.
- We arrive fully insured with WSIB and General Liability Insurance for a worry-free installation.
- All technicians are full-time Delta T employees, well-trained and experienced, and working under the direction of a senior supervisor. No sub-contractors.
- The high quality of workmanship we provide is the key to ensuring that your new systems will perform at the manufacturer’s design specifications, providing you with maximum comfort and efficiency for years to come.
Calling Delta T Heating & Cooling now gives you plenty of time to explore your options.
Of course, the best thing about planning your air conditioning replacement in the fall is that the weather is not going to be putting you under any pressure to make a rash decision. An air conditioning system is a major investment, and you want to make sure you make the right choice. At Delta T Heating & Cooling, we ensure that we understand our customers’ needs and wishes with every single air conditioning installation.
Your home’s air conditioner needs regular maintenance to keep it running properly. Delta T Heating & Cooling provides air conditioner maintenance services that will improve efficiency and extend the service life of your equipment.
Air conditioner maintenance can be easily overlooked, but it should be a priority for every homeowner. In fact, equipment manufacturers recommend maintenance yearly in order to keep air conditioners running smoothly and efficiently. The best time to schedule air conditioner maintenance is in the spring, before you need to use your cooling system; this way, your system is tuned up and prepared for summer, and you can address any equipment issues in advance instead of suffering without cooling when temperatures rise.
Benefits of maintenance.
Air conditioner maintenance has numerous benefits to homeowners, which include the following:
- Improved performance: We provide the TLC your air conditioner needs, which includes cleaning and care for the system’s crucial components. This improves the performance of your system, much like a tune-up for your car.
- Improved efficiency: Better performance means your system doesn’t need to work as hard to do its job. Less work means less energy consumption, saving you money.
- Longer service life: By eliminating issues that can lead to early breakdowns, air conditioner maintenance can keep your air conditioner in service longer than if neglected.
Repair or Replace
When Should You Repair Your Unit?
When your heating and cooling system is working properly, your home is comfortable and you’re probably not experiencing any significant increase in your monthly utility bills. So when a part malfunctions or your unit stops working, how do you decide if it’s time to repair or replace it? We can provide a thorough diagnosis of your system and make a professional recommendation. To help you decide, we’ve put together a list of factors to consider.
- The cost of repairs is less than one-third the cost of a replacement
- The unit is less than 10 years old
- The unit is still under warranty (see your warranty terms)
When Should You Replace Your Unit?
Replacing all or part of a heating and cooling system can be a big investment. When an older unit has continuous issues or shows signs of reduced energy efficiency, it could be more economical to upgrade your home comfort system. A Payne dealer can help you diagnose your heating and cooling system, as well as help you choose a replacement that fits your needs and budget.
- The cost of repairs is near 50% of the cost of a replacement
- The unit requires frequent repairs.
- Humidity problems that signal operating issues
- Warranty expirations
- High dust and low air quality problems
- The furnace is more than 15 years old, and the heat pump or AC is more than 10 years old
Our Preferred Suppliers
Tags: Central Air Conditioner Brampton, Air Conditioning Contractor Brampton On, Air Conditioner Repair Brampton, Brampton AC Repair, AC Replace, Air Conditioner Replace, AC Not Working, No cooling AC Not Working, Replace AC, Add Freon, Recharge Air Conditioner, Lennox AC, Goodman AC, Keeprite AC, Clean AC Coil.
We are ready to serve you